Social Icons

Pages

Friday 3 October 2014

Fresh eyes

Spending just over 8 months back in Sydney means I've come back to Loja looking at my surroundings with fresh eyes, seeing things that are 'different' (from Sydney at least), things that by the end of our last term didn't seem strange at all.


The inclusion of a plea for punctuality at the local symphony. Next to the start time of 20H00 it says 'hora puntual'...at 8.05pm I was still too early.

I thought this couple looked like a perfect match. Needless to say I didn't spot any couples like this in Sydney.

Latest remedy I've seen for coughs and colds, it came with extensive instructions for preparation. 

One needs to direct one's attention to the ground with diligence. Four weeks on my foot is still recovering from my altercation with this drain. Oops.

A picture of the Virgen of Cisne in a prominent place is really common, whether a department store, a taxi,  a lounge room or a public office.

Fantastical looking dogs, with incredibly mixed up blood lines.

Rainbows out for the spotting at least a couple of times a week.

Fire hydrants in unexpected places. Good for the quick jump up and off as we go along with the kids.

Aloe vera being sold in the supermarket, a staple part of the diet?!

Can't really take pictures of new things I've 'seen' culturally through conversations with friends or things I've been able to appreciate in our third arrival to this place. Pray that God will continue to give us fresh eyes to see the people around us clearly and love and invest in them as He directs!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates