Social Icons

Pages

Thursday 30 September 2010

Meet the neighbours


I was lying in bed the other morning and heard a distinct 'moooo'. Looking out the window, I was able to meet our new neighbours, a family of cows! I am feeling somewhat 'country' right now.
Our neighbours seem to be somewhat transient, as after about a week on this vacant lot they moved on. They were milked every day though, and extra feed was dropped off in a taxi, so they have all the mod-cons that cows might need.

A few days ago I managed a small walk/jog around our new neighbourhood. Not sure really where to go as it is pretty hilly (ie hard work) and also a big mix of houses and workshops (mechanics, carpentry and so forth) which isn't always too nice to jog past. I think I passed our cow friends along the way too! I picked up a couple of pebbles ready to throw at any alarming dogs just in case but had no need of that, they seemed pretty docile at that time of day.

We've bumped into Rodrigo and Mariana a few times (I used to go riding with Mariana in 2007) which has been nice and is making me think maybe I just need to get back on the bike. So, the trick will be to co-ordinate kids with John to be able to get out here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates