Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday 14 September 2010

Things aren't always as they seem

I have been trying this past week to buy a hose fitting for the hose we have. It is a 3/4" hose and I have found that they are not very common. In fact I went to several hardware stores and they all looked at me strangely saying that hoses are 1/2" and not 3/4" (obviously we inherited an imported product).


I bit the bullet and bought a 1/2" fitting in the hope that I could make it work. I slid some half inch hose on the fitting and then slid the 3/4" hose over the top and it was all good. I was literally excited after such a long process of trying to get our hose working.


But... the end of my glee came when I took for granted that the fitting would be strong, made of copper or some other, any other strong material. Boy was I wrong. It was prooving difficult to do up the fitting and so I grabbed the multigrips and went to hold it tight and something wasn't quite right and as I looked closer I reaslied that I had just crushed the fitting and what you see is left below. The only thing still intact was the bit I didn't touch.


2 comments:

  1. Great to hear that you guys have found a place and settling in despite mishaps with the hose! :-) I was just thinking of you the other day when I recieved your newsletter! great timing. Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John; had a giggle over your ingenuity with the hose!1 Obviously the 'brass' was coated cast allow and you are too strong. Best to go 1/2" like everyone else. Your 3/4" one sounds like its off a farm!!

    ReplyDelete

 
 
Blogger Templates