Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Bolon de maduro con chicharron


Made it out today for a coffee with some of the girls on team. We went with our spanish teachers to a place they have found which is full of authentic ecuadorian food.
So I had a bolon de maduro con chicharron. It was pretty good but dense, so only made my way through it partially. Also had a jugo de tomate del arbol. Also good.
What is it? Ripe banana with fried pork pieces, and tree tomato was the flavour of my juice.
Forgot to whip out the camera earlier than I did, but if I had, you would have noticed that although everyone had a different order, all the food was the same colour...yellow! Landing on the same section of the colour wheel did not mean the same flavours across our spectrum of banana, potato, yuca and maiz dishes. When I mentioned this to John at home, he said that is why there is a zillion names for the colour yellow here!
Oh, and this place is also very noteworthy as they serve the coffee black, which is normal, but WITHOUT SUGAR! Amazing.

1 comment:

 
 
Blogger Templates