Social Icons

Pages

Monday 29 April 2013

Saved by Grace Alone

A while ago Oswaldo asked me to share at his church on the topic of Salvation by Grace. Wow, what a theme to teach, there is so much to say and he said I had forty minutes to do it in. By the end of the night, an hour and a half later, we were done and they were a little bit more aware of what their friends here in Loja and what people in times past believed about Grace and we finished off with what salvation by grace is from a reformed perspective. What a great night.

I started off thinking that I would spend ten minutes explaining other positions and then presenting what their church believed. I wasn't ready for all their questions regarding other positions, but they were great questions, and thankfully my Bruce Demarest purchase (The Cross and Salvation)  many years ago helped me to get a good grasp on this area and provided the much needed background for the many questions.

I love these opportunities to teach and I think nowadays it is much easier than we first started here. Mainly because my spanish is much better and I am able to clearly understand the questions, or I'm able to say that I don't understand the question. I find that the more you understand a language the more you are able to say that you don't understand, you can understand all the words, but the idea or what they are actually trying to say is beyond you.

Thankfully this didn't happen too much during the night, and with the use of a T-shirt I managed to explain all these different positions of grace and they understood and were encouraged.

Let me know if you work out how the T-shirt was used for my explanations.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates